Asterisk-Java 0.2-rc1 released
The Asterisk-Java package consists of a set of Java classes that allow you to easily build Java applications that interact with an Asterisk PBX Server. Asterisk-Java supports both interfaces that Asterisk provides for this scenario: The FastAG protocol and the Manager API.
The 0.2-rc1 release candidate focuses on the new features of Asterisk 1.2-beta1 though it still supports Asterisk 1.0.x.
The changes include:
* Support for the new Actions, Events and Commands of Asterisk 1.2
* New support for event generating Actions, i.e. Actions that send their result as a series of Event rather than the usual ManagerResults. See the sendEventGeneratingAction() methods in ManagerConnection for more information.
* New base class for AGI scripts that allows you write cleaner AGI scripts as you don't have to pass the channel variable to all methods.
* New convenience constructors for manager actions
* Some minor bug fixes
Asterisk-Java is used in several commercial environments and by the following Open Source projects:
A plugin for the Jive Messenger XMPP (jabber) server. It provides integrated presence between your IM client and phone, notification of incoming calls by IM and originate calls from supported IM clients.
* Asterisk Desktop Manager (ADM)
A desktop application that will allow for automatic on-call volume reduction, one click dial from clipboard, integrated phonebook and more.
Asterisk-Java is available under Apache 2.0 license at